Frequently Accessed Resources
Preneed Calculator (XLSX file. Updated 8/4/2017)
Consumer Complaint Information
Consumer Complaint Form
The Board's Governing Statutes and Rules
Who We Are
The North Carolina Board of Funeral Service is established under the provisions of Chapter 90 of the North Carolina General Statutes. Members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and the General Assembly.
The purpose of the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service is to safeguard the public health, safety, and welfare of North Carolina citizens by ensuring that those individuals and entities licensed for the practice of funeral services in this state are duly qualified.
- A Technology Committee meeting of the NC Board of Funeral Service will be held on Friday, August 25, 2017 at 9:00 AM.
- This meeting will take place at the Board Office located at 1033 Wade Avenue, Suite 108, Raleigh, NC.
- The Board of Funeral Service is soliciting nominations for one (1) position on the North Carolina Crematory Authority.
- This position is for a three-year term, beginning in January 2018. Nominations will be accepted from August 1, 2017 through September 1, 2017.
- Nominations may be submitted via US Mail, hand-delivery, or email at email@example.com.
- A nomination form must be signed by crematory operators from three separate business entities. Forms submitted with nominations from more than one entity will be disqualified. To access the nomination form, click here.
- The October 11, 2017 board meeting has been cancelled.
* * *